October 25, 2010

Failure and success!!

I'm a failure because my soft mushy ass has NOT swam or even been on a brisk walk in months!! Pathetic. I must find the motivation!! But I'm SO slammed with work right now... a zillion weddings to process and album work for the maui guy! Not that I'm complaining about work which I'm not :) Just so busy!

 This past weekend was my last wedding of 2010! It was a good year with about 20 weddings! I'm already booked for 10 weddings in 2011 so hopefully I'll have 30 for the year, that will be my goal :) Thanks to Kate for all her help this season- I'm liking that she's been bit my the photog bug and is thinking if getting more into it on a professional maybe career level! How fun we would have as a wedding photog two-some both making more $$- I'm talking high end people!! Not really though.. I like my clients like us- cute and trying to pay for their own weddings :) There's always room for someone to take on the wedding coordinating position at Alexandra Oat Photography :) Kate and I find we need one at every wedding!! Maybe we can change the name to Alex & Kate Photography down the road if we go big time!!!
Let's see issue of the day is living situation- my current roomie Kadie in 3 months has slept @ our house maybe 5 times. So she needs to move in w/ her BF and I need to move my cats back East! STAT! Where shall I live? Who with? Hmmmm lots of possibilities! (sorry Al LA is not in the cards!)

Ahhhhh I almost forgot to mention the success of my week!! I lost a brides photos- 2 hours from my camera of her getting dressed, bridal party, groomsmen, bride & groom solo pics, and family photos!! OMG!! nightmare!!! Thank goodness for kate!!! She saved the wedding by having kick ass photos. I was so worried the bride was going to blab on the internet about this and ruin my name- I'd have to change the name to Alex & Kate Photography just to get by!!! Ha!!! But she wrote me back today that she's ok with it. I offered to make her a album for free and she said that was  a nice gesture and she understands accidents happen :) THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy - it's been hunting my dreams!!! Well I'm @ a coffee shop try to book another wedding :) Wish me luck!
Allllll what happened w/ the guy from Deb's wedding??!?! Call me!!
Lee-ler & Mands... ummm can you get on the blog train!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxooxooxoxo

1 comment:

  1. AL! I can't believe I've missed this blog! And apparently far too wrapped up in my own life and not enough reflection and sharing on the B-L-O-G!

    MY mushy ass went running today, so that's 1 down this week...Alex are you buying me gas at the end of this week? My tank is running low so I am hoping so!

    I SO want to be a fabulous photog duo!!!!!! We can't forget to sign up for WPPI!!! I'm in!!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete